Saturday, July 23, 2011

Save Thousands of Dollars

I just saw an ad urging me to save thousands of dollars, and a question occurred to me: Save them from what? Inflation? Is someone threatening them, or out to get them? Are criminals trying to steal or extort these dollars, and they’re running scared? Is some foreign currency like the Chinese Yuan trying to conquer them as the world’s currency? Are they going to be wastefully spent by the government on a war they’re protesting? Or is it possible they could suffer “a fate worse than death”: being used to snort cocaine into the nostrils of Wall Street executives? Or perhaps they'd even be ritually sacrificed to light up expensive cigars, proving how rich someone is? Maybe if I knew what they were being threatened by, I’d care more. But as it is, I have more important things to worry about. Sorry, dollars: You're on your own.