Thursday, January 12, 2012

1-800-Flowers Frankenstein Ad

I think of spec ads for companies and products all the time, whether I like it or not. I can’t seem to help it. Some of them I think are quite good, and some others are pretty silly: like joke ads. Here’s a joke ad I thought up while watching the movie Frankenstein years ago:

The famous scene is shown of the Frankenstein monster throwing daisies in the water with the little girl (from the 1931 Frankenstein with Boris Karloff), and when they run out of flowers, he throws the girl in the water, and she drowns, at which point the monster panics and runs away. Then the announcer says: “He never would have killed that girl if he had only had more flowers! So quick, call 1-800-Flowers before he strikes again, or else the blood of his next victims will be on your hands!