Monday, January 21, 2013

The F-22 and The Avengers

As we know, Congress has cancelled the F-22. I know it was a ridiculously overpriced airplane that was intentionally designed to have parts made all over the place in practically every state in the union for the purpose of earmarks for re-election of incumbents, but hey: The Avengers used it to defeat Loki, right? How are we going to defeat Loki next time without F-22s? I mean, it’s like we’re practically inviting Loki here to try to conquer the Earth again. And you know, I’m surprised no-one in Congress used this argument to keep the F-22 afloat. Because we might as well keep making it, as we’re spending money we can never pay back anyway, so what’s the difference? Then we can use it to intimidate our creditors into not asking for their payments when they come due. Or is that what The Avengers are for? (That’s how I always avoid paying my credit card bills: The Avengers! Hey, maybe that can be the next Avengers movie: Fighting credit card companies for their predatory policies! {They must be controlled by Loki, the fiends!})

(Yes, I just saw The Avengers tonight for the first time. Hey, man: I’m too busy to see movies on time anymore, so get off my back!)