Saturday, April 25, 2015

Carfax Dracula Ad (Joke/Proposed)

Dracula stands in his home office in Carfax Abbey and speaks to the camera, saying: “I used to be #1 bloodsucker until I saw how used car salesmen are much bigger bloodsuckers than I ever was. Well, I can’t allow that, so I founded Carfax, named for my English country home: Carfax Abbey. And here we provide information to help consumers defeat my rival bloodsuckers.” (As he speaks, he beings to walk through Carfax Abbey, and behind him, while he’s speaking, we see a company full of support staff working at Carfax, slightly out of focus.)

Then we cut to someone showing a Carfax report to an unscrupulous used car salesman, and they shrink from it just like Dracula shrinks from a cross.

Then we cut back to Dracula, who says: “I’ll be top bloodsucker again soon, thanks to Carfax!”

(Dracula is in the public domain, so there would be no royalties for the famous character, and as such if should be relatively inexpensive to make this silly spot.)