Thursday, January 11, 2018

Mnuchinland

Until Steven Mnuchin was part of the Trump cabinet, I had never even heard of him (and I live in Hollywood!); but once I knew about him being in the Trump cabinet, I started seeing his name all over movie credits. And since his name made me think of the famous Munchkinland from The Wizard of Oz, I thought Mnuchinland would make a fun theme park for Trump supporters.

Mnuchinland would have rides and restaurants and such, all themed for different well-loved Steven Mnuchin-produced movies, like Suicide Squad, for instance. And, of course, there would have to be a bevy of skinny guys dressed up like Steven Mnuchin, but all in gold suits (because he's so rich), singing: "We would like to welcome you to Mnuchinland!" (After the Munchkinland song from The Wizard of Oz, of course.)

(Actually, while I'm not the biggest Trump supporter on Earth, Steven Mnuchin has produced, or executive produced, some of my favorite recent movies, to my surprise: Wonder Woman, Mad Max: Fury Road, Annabelle: Creation, The Conjuring 2. He has also produced a bunch of crap, though. But I would guess that's just about par for the course for producers: they just really bank good investments and try to make them happen; they don't actually make the movies themselves. But then why do they accept the Oscar?)