Monday, April 11, 2016

Dr. Dare-to-kill

Today TCM seems to be showing a Dr. Kildare marathon, which reminded me that California recently passed a death with dignity law where doctors are allowed to help patients end their lives. So then how about a new movie series just to get people used to the idea, called: "Dr. Dare-to-kill"?

In this 1930s-style movie series, we'd see our stalwart doctor put into situations where death with dignity is the only possibility, and so he breaks all the rules to perform a doctor-assisted suicide.

(See if you can guess upon whom this fictional death-dealing doctor is based. Yes, eagle-eyes readers will have guessed, it's Doctor Death: Seeker of Souls, from the classic movie of the same name. {Actually, I'm joking: I have never seen that movie, but someday, if I'm really bored, I think maybe I'd like to… [But we'll see…]})

And then Lionel Barrymore, as his super-glue moral-compass boss, always gets executed for it. (Just kidding. This would show why doctors should be given more leeway in cases like this. {But he was asking for it for training that guy anyway, I think. Don't you?})

This is Doctor Death: Seeker of Souls:

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Death-Seeker-Souls-Considine/dp/B002TLRG7S/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1460433142&sr=1-1&keywords=dr+death+seeker