Friday, March 6, 2015

Bud Light Pac-Man Ad

I love this silly spot because when I was a kid Pac-Man was big. But the guy in this ad probably wasn’t even born yet when Pac-Man was a thing, so why not give him a real life video game to play he grew up on, like Resident Evil, or Halo? (Oh, what; too expensive? I guess it really would be too expensive and complicated for Halo. And when you think about it, despite their popularity, zombies are so completely overdone. But people like zombies, so how about Resident Evil or maybe Doom for their next real life video game ad?)

I also have to say that it’s odd to see a Pac-Man thing in a beer ad, because mostly kids and teens played Pac-Man in the 1980s. But they are accurate in that we teens were all drinking beer nonetheless, just usually regular Budweiser (in cans).

(BTW: I think he should have gotten to eat some ghosts, and the ghosts should have changed color, like in the game, and killed him back.)

Here’s the Pac-Man-tastic spot:


(Apparently this was a Super Bowl ad. It’s fun like one for sure. I missed it because I was writing about another ad during the game while it was on.)