Sunday, March 8, 2015

Haulin’ Oats Ad Song?

I heard this week that Hall & Oates are suing a Brooklyn-based food company over their Haulin’ Oats granola product name, because apparently they own the name Haulin’ Oats for the trademark of another company’s oatmeal brand.

Well, if Hall & Oates are connected to an oatmeal product called Haulin’ Oats, maybe they could use the silly ad song I wrote in 2013 for an oatmeal jingle (based upon the Hall & Oates song: "Private Eyes"), but slightly altered to be specific for Haulin’ Oats, like so:

(To the tune of “Private Eyes”, by Hall & Oates)

I eat you, you’re good for me,
And you’re lowering my cholesterol for me,
Oats, yeah, you’ve got to know,
That you taste so darn good, and you’re just so healthy for my heart.

When I walk market aisles, you can’t escape my eyes!

Haulin’ Oats, they’re good for you, you know they taste so smooth,
Haulin’ Oats, they’re good for you,
Haulin’ O-o-oats, I’m wanting you, wanting you, wanting you…

Here’s my original post:


And here’s the story about the trademark lawsuit: