Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fridays Cat Instagram Ad

Recently I saw an ad for the restaurant chain Fridays (I guess formerly T.G.I. Friday’s) where some guy is taking cell phone pictures with his cat, and the ad suggests maybe it would be more fun to go to Fridays. But a lot of people love cats, and lots of them have friends. Is it really a good idea to insult them? Plus, there is nothing more popular on the internet than cats. If Fridays were as popular as cats, maybe they wouldn’t need to advertise. (Cats don’t need to advertise.)

By the way, I will admit the ad is fun and funny. But everyone loves getting offended these days, and there are a whole lot of cat lovers out there, and that’s my point. But it is true that you can’t do anything anymore without offending someone. Sad, that.

Here’s the spot, called: “Pic Your Night”: