Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Trump Mussolini Quote

Remember a little while ago when some stupid hack journalist tried a gotcha quote thing with Donald Trump? I think the quote was something like: “It’s better to live a day on your feet than a lifetime on your knees.” Trump was asked if he agreed with that, he said yes, and the “journalist” said: “A-Ha! Mussolini said that!” (I am paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.)

Oh, no: not Mussolini! I mean, I know he was a bad man and everything, but I’m sure Mussolini said plenty of things I would agree with too; like, I am sure at one time Mussolini said these things I agree with:

“I love spaghetti!” – Benito Mussolini
“Italy is a great country.” – Benito Mussolini
“Rome is a beautiful city.” – Benito Mussolini

Agree with any of those things? A-Ha! You agree with Mussolini, you fascist!

I don’t know, but if you’re trying to do a gotcha thing on Trump, which is completely unnecessary, as he says plenty of inflammatory things all by himself with no help from a biased hack news reporter, wouldn’t Hitler be a better gotcha guy than Mussolini? I’m sure Hitler said some innocuous things too, like maybe he said:

“It’s a nice day out today.” – Adolf Hitler
“I wish you all success.” – Adolf Hitler
“I like strudel!” – Adolf Hitler

I would love to see a gotcha of something like that.

“Mr. Trump, would you say you like strudel?” “Yes, I like strudel.” “A-Ha! Adolf Hitler said that, you Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” “But, I…”

If the news people, who obviously hate Donald Trump, want to harm him, all they have to do is point to things he himself has said. That stuff is hard to beat for smearing a candidate. But the fact that someone tried a gotcha quote from Mussolini simply shows how the news people want to control public opinion and election outcomes with chicanery, rather than do their actual job of reporting the facts. And to me, that right there is worse than any quote from a dead fascist.