Sunday, December 11, 2016

Tylenol Soup Ad

We see someone with a sore throat, and the ad says when a bowl of chicken soup feels like eating a bowl of cacti, then take Tylenol Cold.

It totally reminds me of my Dramamine ad from a year and a half ago. It certainly uses the same: "If this feels like this then use this" strategy.

I think that strategy is a tried & true advertising strategy, but I'm having a hard time thinking of another one from before. I know there must be, though.

I cannot find this Tylenol ad I just saw online before a skating video on YouTube, but here's my Dramamine spec ad from this blog using exactly the same strategy in April 2015:

http://unconditionedresponse.blogspot.com/2015/04/dramamine-air-sickness-ad-proposed.html

And there's also another ad using the same strategy making the rounds right now, but I can't remember what it's for at the moment. I will include it when I remember.