Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rid Alice Cooper Ad (Joke/Proposed)

Watching the recent Dark Shadows movie yesterday reminded me of the Alice Cooper song: "No More Mr. Nice Guy"; and while singing it to myself today I joked that it was singing: "No More Mr. Lice Guy." And then I thought: "Hey, that might make a fun ad for Rid!" (Rid is the stuff that kills lice.)

Alice Cooper could sing this song with the new altered lyrics while CGI lice crawl on his head, die and fall off. And the new lyrics could be:

I used to be such a sweet sweet thing, 'till they got a hold of me,
But now they suck my blood from on my head, and it's driving me crazy!
I got no friends 'cause I'm so infested.
They won't stop eating me and I'm getting real worn down, and I'm feeling mean.

No more Mr. Lice Guy, No more Mr. Creepy Crawly,
No more Mr. Lice Guy, No more parasites to maul me.

A louse bit me on the head today, another ran across my eyes,
And when I reach up to try to grab them, they run in my hair to hide.

No more Mr. Lice Guy, No more Mr. Creepy Crawlies,
No more Mr. Nice Guy, Rid kills them and keeps them off me.

Here's the song "No More Mr. Nice Guy" (Written by Harris, Lewis, Cook, Noel):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0YrXjeRSoE

And here's the website for Rid:

http://www.ridlice.com

(The truth is probably that Rid doesn't need to advertise. My guess is that whenever anyone gets lice, they go to the pharmacy and ask what to get, and Rid is what's recommended. So they may not even make ads for Rid.)