Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Far Side on Vine?

Maybe someone has already done this (I don’t know), but it seems to me that animated versions of The Far Side comics would be perfect for Vine.

When I was in school, The Far Side was the funniest thing we had ever seen. We could buy big books of collections of the comics, and no matter how many tikes we had seen any of them, they always made us laugh.

So I thought, now that most young people are not aware of The Far Side, it would be the perfect chance to expose them to it through one of their Internet thingies. Simply animate each one-panel comic into a short video, and post them as comedy, and watch a whole new generation of The Far Side fanatics are born.

To me, it’s like putting Monty Python on DVD: It’s fresh for a whole new generation.

Maybe this could be a way for all the old great comic strips the be new again for a younger audience?