Thursday, February 25, 2016

Victoria Beckham: My Flats Hero!

For years I have been saying that women’s shoes are portable torture devices women have become Stockholm Syndromed into wearing. Now a major celeb has jumped onto this bandwagon (probably because her feet hurt so much from those feet-mangling spike heels): Victoria Beckham, of all people!

Look, I know many people might hate me for this view, but seriously, I see the damage done to women’s feet by these shoes (my grandmother, my mother, my aunts, my friends: where will it end?), and I think it’s a crime against humanity. (Maybe it’s a minor crime, but it’s still a crime.) So hate me all you want, but I care about people’s feet and their future quality of life. And honestly, I don’t even think spike heels look good on anyone anyway, unless everyone wants to look like Jersey Shore.

So this may be my first time to shout out a thank you to a celebrity for anything, but thank you to Victoria Beckham: I hope she makes a difference! Because we all know that if men had to wear shoes like those, they never would have existed in the first place.

Here’s the lowdown: