Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dove Towelie Joke Ad

Dove is a beauty soap that puts lotion in the soap to prevent dry skin. That’s really a nice idea in theory, but in my experience what happens is that the water does not wash the lotion off, and you end up with goo all over your skin, and then it gets all over your towels, making them all sticky, and eventually, rough as sandpaper once they’ve been through the wash a few times.

Now, it’s nothing personal, but I have had to buy a couple of sets of new towels I didn’t expect to need, so I thought it might be fun to come up with a joke ad for Dove soap that warns users of the potential damage to their towels, like so:

Towelie, the super-intelligent, stoner towel character from South Park, dries someone off who just used Dove, and he says: "Yuck! Dove might moisten your skin, but it leaves me a sticky mess! Please stop using it, or else I'll have to bring in the big guns!" And then we see the big muscular towel from the "Towelie" episode say, menacingly: "Don't forget to bring a towel!"

Then, as a tag, we see the big, tough, muscular towel dry someone off and say: "Yuck! Now I'm all sticky!"

(If you haven't seen the "Towelie" episode of South Park, you have to see it!)