Thursday, October 8, 2015

American Horror Story Hotel Music

Popsugar gave us a nice list of the music from the debut of American Horror Story Hotel, and that’s great, because lots of times I want to know the songs I hear on TV shows, and mostly I can’t find them. But Popsugar forgot the best reference: the hotel’s theme music from the early part of the show, which was Joy Division’s: “The Eternal”, the penultimate song from their last album: Closer.

So nice to hear that song again, and so nice to see that some people in Hollywood have a good ear for this kind of music. So far, this show sounds like my college playlist. But there’s so much more great gothic type stuff, and I hope we hear lots more varied material from that era, like specifically, Joy Division’s: “Dead Souls”.

BTW: I hope American Horror Story Hotel will use some stuff from The Danse Society, like: “Danse / Move”, “There Is No Shame In Death”, “We’re So Happy”, “Dolphins”, etc.: