Saturday, June 28, 2014

Life Alert Soccer (Joke) Ad

A group of people is playing soccer, including a middle-aged man. The man gets a sharp pain in his chest, and he falls to the ground, writhing in pain, and everyone just stands around, goading him and telling him to stop faking an injury. Then we cut to the same man looking at a video image of what we just saw, and he says: "I was playing soccer with a group of friends, when I had a heart attack. But because it was soccer, everyone simply assumed I was faking an injury to get a free kick. I could have died! But thankfully, I had Life Alert, and I was able to call an ambulance at the touch of a button."

And this would not only show us all how valuable Life Alert is for medical emergencies, it would also warn us about how pernicious faking injuries in soccer can be.