Sunday, April 26, 2015

Head and Shoulders “Shake It Off” Ad (Proposed)

In this proposed ad for Head and Shoulders based upon the Taylor Swift song: “Shake It Off”, we see a parody of the video for the song, with a woman who looks not unlike Taylor Swift singing the song, but motioning appropriately to the (altered) lyrics, like so:

My itchy head it aches, aches, aches, aches, aches,
My scalp has dandruff flakes, flakes, flakes, flakes, flakes,
But Head and Shoulders makes, makes, makes, makes, makes,
Makes it stop, makes it stop.

(BTW: I really have to admit to being a fan of Taylor Swift, and this song I think is truly brilliant, but the version of this song that inspired this ad came from a more rock ’n’ roll version I heard on {Gasp!} Garrison Keillor’s A Prairie Home Companion on NPR last week. I would buy that version too.)