Thursday, July 10, 2014

Levi's Blue Jean Genealogy Ad (Proposed)

In this proposed Levi's ad, called: "Blue Jean Genealogy" (or: "Blue-Jeanealogy"), we see a family tree of denim products, and it goes back in time to ca. 1849 (in California during the Gold Rush), where there's only one brand: Levi's. And so we'd see that every blue jean in the world owes its existence to Levi's: the original. Then the slogan could be, perhaps: "Work hard, play hard, strike it rich: Levi's." Or they could say: "Levi's: The Mother Lode of Denim."

(I just read on Wikipedia that Levi's did not make jeans during the Gold Rush, but I saw a guy on CBS Sunday Morning who was doing archeological work digging up jeans from just that period {or so I was led to believe}. So I don't know for sure that Levi's went back that far, but I always believed that they did. But it doesn't really matter: just show how far back it did begin, and then show all the family branches of other brands making jeans afterwards, and the concept would work out very well indeed, I should think.)