Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Luna Lovegood’s Presidential Campaign Magic

It’s hard for me to believe it, but my guess is that after pulling off this frankly unbelievable result in the presidential election, Kellyanne Conway will likely be considered the best political strategist in the country.

It’s funny to me, because Kellyanne Conway always reminds me of Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter movies: she looks like her, and she even talks a lot like her. And I didn’t know it until this morning during her interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, but she’s amazingly detailed and extremely likable.

I wonder if she used magic to swing the election?

I hope disappointed Democrats won’t hold this election result against her. She was hired to do a very difficult job, and she really knocked it out of the park. I’m not particularly happy with the result of the election, but I’m very impressed with Ms. Conway, especially this morning. I hope everyone saw the interview this morning: it was really worth seeing. The things she said about unity and the divisiveness on the news were quite apropos.

And one this that has been lost in all the campaign rhetoric is this: Kellyanne Conway is the first woman to ever run a successful presidential election campaign. That is one more crack in the glass ceiling, and extra noteworthy for being for such an ironic candidacy.