Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pickup Truck Brand “I Like Big Trucks” Ad (Joke/Proposed)

Sir Trucks-a-Lot, a rapper with a cowboy hat on, and wearing a big chain with the logo of the truck company on it, sings a new version of Sir Mix-a-Lot’s classic hit: “Baby Got Back (I Like Big Butts)”, but singing instead about trucks, like so:

I like big trucks and I cannot lie,
You other truckers can’t deny,
That when a truck rolls in with a monster chassis,
And all those lights up in your face,
You get sprung, you want to pull out your stuff,
‘Cause you know you can stuff that truck,
Deep in the bed it’s wearing,
That open truck bed is glaring,
Oh, baby I want to get with you,
And load your fixture!
My good ol’ boys tried to warn me,
But that truck leans on my horn-y!

And while we hear the guy rap about big trucks, we see some big truck pull up in front of a bunch of guys with their wimpy trucks, and their eyes all pop out, and they drool over the truck, and then we cut to seeing them throwing all their stuff into the back of the truck to show all the stuff it can hold, etc.

Then we turn it around, and the truck starts singing back in a GCI character form, and it spins around, sings like a character from the movie: Cars, and bounces back and forth on its huge ties as it sings:

Ooh, truckers do say,
You say want to get in my bins?
Well, use me, use me,
‘Cause I know you truck guys are groovy!

And we see the truck singing to the guys, and they all get super excited.

(I mean, you can riff all day long on this idea!)

As far as I am aware, nobody has done this yet, as it isn’t listed on the Wikipedia page for Sir Mix-a-Lot, but if it was done before and I missed it, my apologies: I didn’t always have a TV set.

Here’s the song I am referring to:


(BTW: What made me think of this was I walked to the supermarket today, and as I walked in front of a huge pickup truck, I smiled, and the guy rolled down his window and said: “What are you smiling at?” and I said: “I like your truck!” and he said: “Thanks! Me too!” It was some really monster truck kind of thing like you rarely see outside of the deep South, so I couldn’t help but react. And I must admit, I really kind of like big trucks.)