Friday, March 25, 2011

Low calorie frozen entrees

In my attempt to maintain my somewhat boyish figure, I often partake of low calorie frozen entrees. This is partly because every time I try to cook anything on my stove, the smoke alarm goes off. So I’m limited mostly to the microwave. Usually I will buy Lean Cuisine by the boatload when they’re on sale. The only problem with doing this is that since Lean Cuisine is actually pretty darn tasty, one often will want to eat more of them, and then you may lose the benefit of the low calorie intent. Well, for the first time yesterday, I noticed that the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen entrees were on a half price sale, so I bought a few of them just to see what they’re like. Well, I can report that if these things were the only food available, it would solve the obesity epidemic instantly, because they taste so bad, they actually make you want to delay eating for as long as possible. This could be a brilliant plan if they could be sure that people wouldn’t snack around them. But alas, there are such things as Combos and Doritos and the like, and as long as there are things like that in the world, making diet food taste bad intentionally will only result in binge snacking. It was a good try, though; I’ll give them that much.