Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Urban Coyotes

Regarding the following news story:


This San Francisco woman who says that photographing coyotes in San Francisco parks is her passion should move to Los Angeles, where she’ll find packs of them roaming around hillside neighborhoods at night. I originally thought it seemed safe enough driving through the neighborhoods crawling with coyotes as long as I stayed in my car, but recently I have noticed that they’ve begun to set up cannons, giant slingshots, TNT ambushes, etc., to try to stop the cars and catch the people inside. Fortunately, they always seem to blow up in their faces so far, but you never know. From what I’ve heard about coyotes from wildlife experts, they are very persistent, and once that coyote’s after you, if he catches you, you’re through. I always used to wonder about how so many huge pot holes got in all these Los Angeles roadways all the time, but now it all makes sense. But I still wonder why there are all these street signs up in the hillside neighborhoods that say “Free Birdseed”.