Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dodge Ram Pickup Truck Egyptian Pyramids Ad (Proposed)

An archaeologist explains that it had always been a mystery how the ancient Egyptians moved the massive stone blocks to build the pyramids, but that recent findings have revealed how they did it. He shows us a newly-discovered wall of hieroglyphics that shows the pyramids being built, and in front of the stone blocks being transported there is the Dodge Ram logo. Then we are shown a 3-D computer animation of Dodge Ram pickup trucks pulling the enormous stone blocks across the sandy Egyptian plain, up earthen ramps and into place in the pyramid.

(Believe it or not, I wrote this ad in 2008, before the Dodge ad where George Washington drives a Dodge Challenger to fight the British, and I can prove it. But once I saw the George Washington Challenger ad, I thought it was similar enough that I dropped this one from my portfolio. A PBS show about Tutankhamun reminded me of this spot of mine, so I decided to post it. Why not?

Oh, and I love that Dodge Challenger George Washington ad: one of my favorites. But I’m sure all creative people know that feeling of coming up with something original, and then before you can get it out there you see someone else did something similar, and you’re like: “Damn.”)