Monday, November 30, 2015

Duracell “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Ad

Isn’t it about time someone made an ad showing batteries in a light saber? It’s a great image. I posted a proposed ad in September that refers to it, but it was actually written in 2005 to correspond with the release of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. But it was written for Energizer, not for Duracell, and Duracell never saw it unless they read it on my blog in September.

(BTW: Based upon personal experience, Energizers were the best batteries in the past, but I understand Consumer Reports rates the new Duracells advertised here pretty well.)

If you’re wondering, I was told: “Nobody likes Star Wars anymore” by everyone I showed it to. Wow, how wrong can people be? Oh, well.

Here’s the forceful battery ad (This is the longer version.):


And here’s my old one:


I like this Duracell ad, though. It’s kind of fun.