Sunday, August 7, 2016

Clash Royale Queen Ad

Wow, it’s about time someone used one of the best movie theme songs of all time in an ad. My family has been making new lyrics for it for decades at this point. (Cats! A-ah! they're the cutiest! {Meow, meow meow meow!})

Queen was such an amazing band, and it amazes me they’re not even more exploited in ads.

Maybe all the young people the ad agencies want to hire have never heard this stuff before? Well, I can tell you that the people who have the money and who will buy things know this stuff by heart. Almost every time I hear a song used in an ad, it’s one I grew up with. But they say I’m too old. I think this is a clear cut example of elder abuse.

Here’s the fun ad:


And here’s the original song (Notice how much better the singer is in the original song. Also, this is the best non-chord guitar sound of all time: I know it’s multi-tracked: so what?):