Friday, August 12, 2016

Vegan Restaurant “Grease” Theme Song Ad (Proposed)

In an ad for a vegan restaurant, we see someone eating a greasy burger and being disgusted by the grease in it as we hear the theme song from Grease, with new words to the chorus that sing:

I saw my food and now I see the light,
We’ve got a lovin’ thing,
We’ve got to feed it right,

There ain’t no doubt that we have gone too far,
We start believin’ now, and we can be who we are,

Grease is the word.

They think our livestock does not know the pain,
Why don’t they understand,
It’s just a cry in shame,

Their meat is lyin’ on the squealin’ wheel,
We stop the lie right now and we could be how we feel,

Grease is the word.

Grease is the word, it’s the word, that you chewed,
It goes ooze from the meat yeah, (Ah, ah, meat, yeah!)
Grease is the slime, on the plate, in your mouth yeah,
And greasy’s the way you are feeling.

Here’s the original song, by Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees, and performed by Frankie Valli:


(Maybe I went overboard on the shame part in some of it, but the chorus part could make a fun ad song for some healthy fast food sandwich that’s not made of greasy meat. I’m not vegan, but I get lost in the fun of this making new lyrics stuff, so maybe I got carried away. But I guarantee vegans feel this way for the most part, from what I have seen. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…)

Not sure if the idea of using this song for such a purpose has been done before, but some of the chorus lyrics are mine from my early high school days, so…