Saturday, March 10, 2012

Have You Seen the Numbers Today?

I turned on the news today, and the anchor said: “Have you seen the numbers today? And what do they mean?” And I was like: “Um, you mean like the numbers, as in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 0? Those numbers? Why, did they change them?” I looked at my clock, and it looked normal. I also looked at my calculator, and it looked the same too. So I think they’re still the same, right? But did they change their meaning or something? I thought maybe they had a whole new set of designs for numbers, and perhaps we’d use the old ones as new letters or something. But apparently they were talking about something else. And wouldn’t you know it, but while I was busy making sure our number system was still the same, I missed what they were even talking about. Damn! But at least they didn’t change our number system: that really would have been confusing!