Monday, March 5, 2012

Putin Wins Re-election

I heard on NPR that Vladimir Putin won re-election today in the Russian presidential election. He reportedly said in a speech to his supporters that this election proves nobody can pin anything on him. So does that mean he won’t play “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” with me at my birthday party this year? Or worse yet, is this his way of telling me he doesn’t want to come to my birthday party? That’s really embarrassing for him to tell everyone publicly like that. Well, at least he said it in code so not everyone knows what he was talking about. And I suppose he will be busy being the president and everything, so I guess I understand. Maybe I can invite President Sarkozy to come instead: he might have a clear schedule pretty soon, and I heard his wife has a lot of pretty friends. That will make up for all the young hotties Putin was going to bring.