Friday, March 9, 2012

Rosland Capital William Devane “Rolling Thunder” Ad?

Rosland Capital sells gold; I think we all know that by now. But William Devane is an actor, probably best known by grindhouse exploitation aficionados as Major Charles Rane in a movie called Rolling Thunder, which is the movie upon which I believe Quentin Tarantino’s distribution company’s name was based. (They had a splash screen on a lot of early 2000’s DVDs I’ve seen.)

Well, in this movie Rolling Thunder, Devane gets a valuable coin collection for being a POW in Viet Nam, and then some bad guys come steal it from him, and then they put his hand in a garbage disposal, making him have to replace it with a metal hook. Well, if William Devane is going to do a commercial where he’s shilling for a gold company, and they use video of gold coins, the least they could do is have him play his character from the movie Rolling Thunder, where he’s so obsessed with gold coins because he wants to replace that coin collection that was stolen from him. And then, just to sell this whole gold idea, the ad should end with him saying something like: “In fact, I love gold so much, I had my new hook made out of it!” And then they could have him hold up his hook/hand, and it could be a shiny gold hook! And then he could say: “In fact, now I might even thank those guys for cutting off my hand, because now I’ve got a solid gold hook instead! And it will only increase in value!” Now, wouldn’t that be great, for fans of the film?

Here’s the golden spot: