Monday, April 28, 2014

Activia Shakira Ad

This new Activia ad begins by showing the Activia logo with a smile forming out of fairy dust underneath and the voiceover asking: “Do you know what happens when you eat Activia every day?” (Seeing as how Activia is the yogurt that makes you poop, I’m thinking you might poop. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.) Then we see a woman’s mouth eating a spoonful of yogurt, and then we cut to what looks like the sparkly fairy dust from the smile at the beginning swirling down into a lush forest scene with a bunch of Shakira clones, and they all get up and start dancing. So I guess they’re telling us that if we eat Activia every day, we’ll get an army of miniature Shakiras dancing down our intestines and out our bowels? That’s really what it looks like they’re suggesting here, so don’t blame me for the imagery: I didn’t make this ad!

Um, I don’t know how I feel about having an army of pop star clones dancing down my bowels and out my butt, but at least it’s a novel concept to attract customers. I’ll bet TMZ reporters will try eating Activia non-stop and filming their bowel movements just in case this commercial is honest and accurate!

Hmm, Shakira must eat a lot of salads for it to be so green down in her digestive tract. While she’s down there, I wonder if she could give everyone a colonoscopy and help us avoid all that discomfort at the doctor later on? Then Activia would be doubly good for our insides!

Gee, I hope Shakira’s not wearing spike heels while she (and her army of clones) dances down our intestines; otherwise: ouch! (She’s got bare feet in this spot, mercifully for her own digestive tract, but would she do the same for the rest of us? I’m not so sure I'd want to go dancing down anyone’s colon barefooted, so I could hardly blame her if she thought better of it.)

Here’s the belly dancing spot: