Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Desenex Slogan

The last time I saw an ad for Desenex, I remember their slogan was: "Victory over de feet."

That never really sat right with me. After all, we're not trying to conquer our feet, and it's not our feet's fault if we get athlete's foot. So I think it would have been better to act as though the feet are not the enemy, but rather, they are the victims of the athlete's foot, and Desenex is there to help rescue the feet from the discomfort of athlete's foot.

And so I think a better slogan would have been: "Desenex: Cures the agony of de feet."

Of course, this whole "de feet" thing is kind of silly, but I suppose it's memorable. But as memorability is the goal to begin with in using the "de feet" thing, why not use the phrase that we're all so familiar with: "The agony of defeat"? Then we'd really remember it!

(BTW: Why is it "athlete's foot" anyway? Who gets it on only one foot {unless they only have one foot} anyway? It ought to be called "athlete's feet". Then it would even rhyme.)