Tuesday, January 10, 2017

L’Oreal Not Worth It Campaign?

L’Oreal’s tagline has been: “Because I’m worth it” for as long as I can remember. But there are lots of depressed people out there and people with low self-esteem who probably don’t think they’re worth it. L’Oreal is missing out on winning over those customers!

So why not have a new campaign for the self-loathing crowd where they say: “I use L’Oreal, even though I know I’m not worth it. It just makes me look better. And when I look better, I feel better.” Or: “I use L’Oreal, even though I don’t think I’m worth it, especially after seeing their perfect-looking models.”

I guess they can’t really do that, but if you don’t think you’re worth it, will you buy the brand by a company whose unrealistic look and body standard tells you their models use it because they’re worth it?

(BTW: This is a joke, so please don’t get mad at me. It’s just that the models and actresses in makeup ads are so unrealistically beautiful and are also Photoshopped to boot, some people will not identify with them. So maybe another strategy is needed for the rest of us, especially after we look at them.)