Friday, January 23, 2015

Experian Hamburgers Shaped Like Hotdogs Ad

Wow, I can’t believe I just saw this in 2015. I mean, it was all going fine until the end, where the hero of the ad spins a plate with a phallic hamburger in front of a woman, and she ogles it hungrily.

Now, I’m sure they didn’t mean anything untoward by this display, but it just doesn’t look good, does it? I mean, sure, obviously the woman likes hamburgers and hotdogs, and likes them even more when a hamburger is shaped like a hotdog (and I’m sure equally as much when a hotdog is shaped like a hamburger), but couldn’t they see that this presentation might seem to some people to have a sexual connotation?

Oh, for shame. (I mean, of course, for the people with such dirty minds. Like me.)

It’s not as bad as something like Just for Men, using their patriarchal oppression to actually forbid women the right to purchase and use their product, but it’s still pretty bad, like a 1980s hair-metal video.

Here’s the meaty masculinist marketing message: