Saturday, September 10, 2011

Acorn Stair Lift Father & Daughter Ad

On FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) today, I saw an ad for something I’ve never seen advertised on television before: a motorized chair lift that transports someone up a flight of stairs, like the one from that old William Castle movie: Homicidal. So they’ve got this elderly man, and a 30-something woman, talking about how great this stair lift thingy is, and the woman says: “It’s the best decision he’s ever made”, while the old man looks positively uncomfortable. So naturally, this got my imagination working for what he might respond to this based on how his expression looks, like perhaps he might have said: “Yes, marrying her mother was a huge mistake! She was a harpy, nagging me day and night. And having her as my daughter (pointing to the woman next to him) was a big mistake too! What a troublemaking brat! I never had a moment’s peace after she was born! But this stair lift: finally I’ve made a good decision about something!” And then he could say to his daughter: “Now I’ve found a way to get away from you!” And then he could turn the stair lift thing on and go whooshing up the stairs, smiling all the way.