Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cigna’s Gorgeous “Go You” Ad

Every once in a while, something comes along with just the right choice of models, costumes, art direction, location scouting, photography, and concept to make you really sit up and take notice, if not actually cheer. Such is the case with the spot I just saw for Cigna. I think they’re healthcare or something (?). I don’t know what they are, which is maybe a problem with this ad? They don’t bother to tell us. But who cares, because it’s just so great of a work of art on film! It's like a really great music video. (The music could be better, though. Something by the band Mellow, perhaps? {They did the music for the movie CQ, which has another beautiful girl in a space suit in it, so maybe that's why I thought of them.})

The idea is that everyone still has a part of that idealistic dreamer of a kid inside themselves, and they show it beautifully, with everyone walking around dressed up as what they dreamed of being when they were little kids! (I’m pretty sure that was the idea.) Yes, my space helmet’s off to the team of creatives who made this happen! Awesome. Just awesome!

But what is it they’re selling again? (Maybe this is one of those subliminal ads! Help, I'm being mind-controlled into buying stuff I don't want or need! {Actually, never mind: isn't that what all advertising tries to do all the time anyway?})

Here’s the spectacular spot: