Friday, September 23, 2011

Flintstones Vitamins Goldfish Ad

Yes! The Flintstones vitamins have an ad where the individual vitamins turn into a fish shape and stuff? Um, okay. It just made me think of Goldfish crackers, and then I wondered if they were now fortified with Flintstones brand vitamins or something? Is that why there was that goldfish shape in the ad: cross-promotional dual branding? Oh, but then there’s a kid with a scuba mask and flippers, so then it all makes sense, or something (?). Maybe I should have had the sound on. But you know, most people mute the ads anyway, so maybe you need a new idea so we don’t get confused.

How about this for Flintstones vitamins: A kid eats one, and then he turns into a big strong dinosaur who pushes over trees and stuff, and then they say how strong it makes you and stuff? Seems like it sends the message to me. Or maybe the kid could turn into a T-Rex and eat his parents: what a rebel! Oh, that’s not what they’re looking for? Oh, sorry.

Well, a T-Rex is a meat-eater, after all: what do you expect? I mean, it is prehistoric times, right? Those humans should have known better than to try to raise a T-Rex on their own! Of course it’s going to eat them! It’s not my fault for thinking it up! Jeez, people are so picky sometimes: just because a kid eats his parents in a commercial for kids’ vitamins, it doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea! (For an ad, that is: maybe kids will see the ad, and wanting to eat their parents, they’ll save up and go buy the vitamins with their own money!)

But all jokes aside, I think if they made an ad for Flintstones brand vitamins where they had a boy take one and then turn into a big T-Rex, it would be very popular with the boys! Then if they showed the boy as a giant T-Rex attacking the city like Godzilla, stepping on tanks, crushing police cars, and toppling buildings, it would probably get a lot of kids (and maybe some adults, like me, for instance!) loving the ad and watching it on YouTube and stuff. And kids might even take the vitamins and act out the commercial with their friends. Maybe not, but I would have with my friends when I was a kid if we had that ad when we were young boys.