Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Visiting Angels: A Case for Jingles

There’s an ad campaign that’s been running on SoCal TV for a while for Visiting Angels, a home care company. It’s not very good, and I’d say that they might be doing themselves more harm than good, except for one thing: the jingle. Once you’ve heard that jingle, it’s unforgettable! You might not remember the exact wording, but you’ll never forget the music or the name of the company, even if you’re not sure what you do. (I wasn’t at first. I thought it was an old folks’ home, but it’s a service for people to go to senior citizens’ houses to help them do stuff, so they don’t have to go to an old folks’ home.) But that jingle is a winner! Yes, once they’ve got the hooks in you with that jingle, they’ve got a much bigger chance of getting your business: of that I’m sure. As sure as I am that you can “have it your way at Burger King”, or that a Big Mac is made of “two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun”. That’s how sure I am: Even Manny, Moe & Jack would agree!