Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fathead

In writing up another post, I was trying to remember the name of the company “Fathead”, and I couldn’t think of it for awhile. I think this is because the term “fat-head” has a distinct negative connotation, in addition to the fact that the products made by Fathead are mostly life-size full-body photographs of athletes. It seems to me that “Big Shot” would be a better name for this company, since they sell big (as in size) shots (as in pictures), and the people they sell pictures of are mainly big-shots (as in famous people). See what I mean? Anyway, it’s their company, so they can do what they like. I’m just approaching it from a marketing standpoint, and it seems like “Big Shot” might work better for what they sell than “Fathead”. But who knows, after dealing with these big shots for awhile, maybe they decided they acted like a bunch of fat-heads, so they decided to name the company after that.