Wednesday, October 23, 2013

American Girl Doll Protest Song?

Hey, remember the song “American Woman” by The Guess Who? Well, I thought that might be a fun song to make fun of the ridiculously high-priced American Girl doll stuff. So here are the lyrics to a possible new parental protest song (by The Guess Who’s Paying for It):

American Girl doll, stay away from me-e!
American Girl doll, you cost too much mone-ey!

Don’t go hanging around my daughter,
I can’t make my cash flow like water,

I got more important things to do,
With my money than spend it on you,

Now Girl doll, I said stay awa-ay!
American Girl doll, your prices I can’t pa-ay!

American Girl doll, get away from me-e,
American Girl doll, I wish your stuff was free-ee!

My girl depletes all of my cash,
Trying to buy your bourgeois trash,

When she wants to accessorize,
My bank account becomes half its size,

Now Girl doll, I said get awa-ay!
American Girl doll, your prices I can’t pa-ay!

(Friends of mine who have daughters constantly complain about how expensive the American Girl stuff is, so I thought I would write this song to raise awareness.)

Here’s the original song “American Woman”: