Monday, October 21, 2013

Glitches

There are a lot of glitches reported in the Affordable Care Act website application forms, and despite much effort, they’re still not fixed. Well, I think I may know why.

You see, I used to play Dungeons & Dragons back in school, and early on in my campaigning, my friends and I faced a Lich (alternate spelling: Litch). Litches are extremely difficult to defeat, and they try to foil you at every turn, being undead things with great magical abilities. And so what I think we’ve got here is a hoard of G. Litches (As in Government Litches, like a G. Man is a Government Man), and as they are government employees, there’s no accountability whatsoever, and apparently they can never be fired no matter what they do. And so, until we fix the system such that government agents who screw things actually get blamed and removed for such things, these G. Litches will be free to wreak their havoc on us all, and we can never get them out of the system!

But how did they get there to begin with? Well, obviously some coding nerd is also a D&D nerd and also against Obamacare, so s/he’s throwing some gremlins into the system. (Yes, G. Remlins! Oh my, a new threat? Oh, no! This may be twice as bad as we think!)