Monday, October 7, 2013

Summer's Eve Song (Joke) Ad

When I was a little kid, I remember hearing some song by Seals & Crofts called: "Summer Breeze", where the chorus goes: "Summer breeze makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind." Well, with my crazy advertising-on-the-brain, I can't help coming up with silly ad ideas (many of them inappropriate or jokes), and when I saw the name Summer's Eve on a package at the grocery store recently, I heard the chorus of "Summer Breeze" in my head, and I ended up singing: "Summer's Eve makes me feel fine, flowing out the dregs* from my vagin'." (<Short for vagina.) I wonder if they'd want to use that song for Summer's Eve douches? Or is it perhaps a bit too literal? It might be ridiculously silly and inappropriate, but I'll bet people would remember it. (And frankly, it's no sillier than some of their recent advertising stuff.)

But seriously, they could use that song and use the lyrics: "Summer's Eve makes me feel fine, feeling so fresh gives me peace of mind." (Or maybe just "Summer's Eve makes me feel fine..." sung as the tagline to their ads.)

Here's the song "Summer's Eve" by Seals & Crofts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsW8rXPcnM0

* Many of my female friends used to refer to the last couple days of their period as "the dregs".