Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shout Lady MacBeth Ad (Joke/Proposed)

I’ve recently seen the Polanski MacBeth from 1971, and last night TCM showed Throne of Blood. And as we all know, Lady MacBeth feels guilty and goes crazy trying to wash a spot of blood off of her hand. And so I thought: Hey, how about a Lady MacBeth ad for a spot-removing laundry detergent? Who would know more about the importance of effective spot-removal than a queen who committed suicide over her spot-removal issues?

So here’s how this (joke/proposed) ad would work: The ghost of Lady MacBeth appears in someone’s laundry room (unbeknownst to them) while they are using Shout to remove stains, including blood stains, from a garment, and she says to the camera: “Wow, you people have it easy nowadays! When I was alive, stubborn stains drove me crazy and even cost me my life. But now, all you have to do is spray a little Shout on them, and even the worst stains are removed quickly and easily, even blood stains! I wish we’d had Shout when I was queen!” (And while she’s talking, we’d have edits to after the wash comes out of the dryer, and we see the formerly soiled garments coming out good as new.)