Monday, May 7, 2012

Vegas Cee Lo Green Paparazzi Car Chase Ad

This is a cute and fun ad, harkening back to action/exploitation movie car chases and such, but it has another association that makes it seem in questionable taste. Can you think of what it might be? Watch it again, and what does it remind you of? Oh, that’s right: this is how Princess Diana was killed: trying to lose the paparazzi in a high-speed chase. Granted, it was not in Las Vegas, but attempting to outrun annoying paparazzi is exactly what caused the death of Princess Di, who was everyone’s favorite Royal. She was a sweet lady, at least as far as we in the hoi polloi could tell, and it was shocking when it happened. It’s still very sad, and living in Hollywood as I do, I am constantly reminded of how reckless and irresponsible these photo hounds can be.* And when I see Cee Lo Green doing this same type of thing, I begin to worry about his safety. And then I remember about Princess Diana. And then I think maybe it’s not in the best of taste. But hey: it happened in Vegas, so maybe it will stay in Vegas, and we’ll never find out about it! Except that I’m not in Vegas, and I just saw it on TV. Oops!

Here’s the convoluted celebrity car chase commercial


* I was driving along Mulholland Drive once, when some blonde lady in a blue Bentley pulled out from a gated community and started driving behind me. I think it was either Paris Hilton or Britney Spears. Anyway, there were countless dark-colored SUVs parked dangerously along the shoulder of the road like you wouldn’t believe, and I wondered what it was for, until this young lady pulled out behind me. Well, these guys in the SUVs started chasing her like she had the plans to some kind of secret weapon on microfilm and they were enemy agents in a James Bond film or something. It was kind of scary, but at least they were behind me! But they were driving all over both sides of this very windy road, with lots of blind curves and only one lane in each direction. Jeez! Talk about dangerous! But then again, I have been here for over a decade, and that’s the only time I’ve ever seen anything like that, so maybe it was an unusual occurrence.