Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lexus “Guess the Gift” Web Ad

Today on the internet, I stumbled upon an ad from Lexus that showed a picture of a bunch of red ribbon gift bows over something, and it said: “Guess the Gift!” I was looking at it, and based upon the shape, I was thinking maybe it was one of those really big NYC subway rats, but then before I could actually make a guess, all the ribbons flew off and it was just another stupid car. That’s so easy to guess it would be a car from Lexus, so what’s the point of making us guess if it’s so obvious? Maybe they want to brown-nose us by making us feel smart. Well, just for that, I’m not buying your cars! Don’t cheat next time, and maybe I will. (Actually, I still probably won’t. But how about next time having it be a big jack-in-the-box, and when it opens, one of your cars can leap up and smash the camera. Then you could say it was a drunk Santa Claus, or one of his mischievous elves! Then the ACLU can use it as an excuse to cancel Christmas from now on!)