Friday, November 18, 2011

Telephone Hold Music

I recently switched to a bundle package for my internet, cable TV and phone services, and I encountered some argumentative corporate representatives while canceling my old services. This is not a good idea. This just makes you think they’re arguing and attacking you for switching, which makes you want to cancel even more. If they really want to keep you from canceling their service, they shouldn’t even let you get to a representative. What they should do it ask you what kind of music you like for hold music (on a keypad menu of selections), and whatever you select, play the opposite of that for two hours before anyone answers the phone. An example would be if you selected easy listening and they gave you death metal, or you selected metal, and they gave you Simon and Garfunkel Muzak. This would make most people hang up, and then they’d still be stuck with the services. I’m surprised they haven’t thought of it sooner.