Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Subaru Environmental T-Shirts Ad

There’s a new commercial for Subaru where they show a bunch of different people wearing green-agenda-driven T-shirts, and then they say they understand why you drive a Subaru, etc. (As though a Subaru is any better for the planet than any other car! Yeah, right! Like only a Volvo has safety features!) And the funniest part of this ad is at the end part, where they have a beautiful young woman running from the surf up to her car on the beach, and they focus on her T-shirt message, but I can’t read it at all! Now, I’ve seen this spot about 30 times now, and I still can’t read her shirt, because her boobs are bouncing all around under the shirt. And I’ve really been trying to read the shirt, too (honest!), because they focus on the words first, and then they zoom out, but I still have never been able to read it (something about a manatee, I think: there’s a drawing of one at the bottom of the graphic). And then I realized what they’re doing here: They don’t care if I can read it! They just want me to see the bouncing boobies! And then I’ll want to buy a Boobaru! Um, I mean, a Subaboob. Um, wait, it’s a Suboobaru, right? Or was it a Superboobs? Oh, I forget!

I can’t find this ad yet online, but it’s all over television right now: you can’t miss it!