Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paul Mitchell Hair Care Products Ad

While watching some ski cross and snowboard cross competition yesterday, I saw a commercial for Paul Mitchell hair care products. He showed himself working on someone’s hair in a salon, and he showed some of the results of his work and his products, with cool hairstyles, as well as people with his hairstyles doing extreme sports type activities. Then he said they never test their products on animals. But after seeing this ad and thinking about these big, ostentatious hairstyles, I found myself thinking about furry animals, like rabbits and cats and dogs, all with big silly and cool hairstyles, like Mohawks and New Wave hairstyles, and 50s hairstyles. And this image of an Afghan dog with a Farrah Fawcett hairstyle kept popping into my mind. And then it seemed like it might be cool for them to use their hair care products on animals. So I guess I’m torn on this issue of no animal testing, if it means we’re denied super cute pictures of animals with wild looking hairstyles (especially if they're engaged in extreme sports activities). And you know, maybe the animals are disappointed not to get cool hairstyles too, especially for free. (You never know!)

(This is just a joke. I know animals don’t care for awesome hairstyles. And I’m not big on animal testing either. Because they always fail, even after I trained them for so long!)