Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sprint Unlimited Data Limit Ad

This commercial is really fun for me to watch as a complete outsider. I don’t ever go over my data limit, because I use my phone as a phone, and nothing else. I don’t walk around cities glued to my smartphone screen, and I don’t walk into traffic following directions, because I generally look up where I’m going in advance, so I know where I’m going. I don’t have my whole life on my phone, so I can actually smell the roses if I want. (Although there are not many roses in the city, unless they’re in florist shops.) And I can pay attention to the people I’m with, even if they can’t return the favor anymore (because they're glued to their smartphones). But when that grid goes down someday, and it probably will at some point, at least I won't be going through withdrawals and wandering around aimlessly because I depended on my phone to tell me where to go all the time.

Anyway, here’s the unlimited ad: