Friday, February 10, 2012

Safe House TV Ad

The TV spot I just saw for this new movie called Safe House says, about Denzel Washington’s character: “He was the most brilliant CIA operative: until he went rogue!” So then I had to ask: “Well, what was he then? Was he then the most brilliant rogue CIA operative?” But then the answer might be something like: “No. Actually, there was already another rogue CIA operative that was more brilliant than him. But he wasn’t the most brilliant CIA operative until after he went rogue. So that’s why he wasn’t the most brilliant CIA operative until he went rogue: that’s still Denzel Washington’s character. But no, sorry, he’s not the most brilliant rogue CIA operative. But he’s still really brilliant. He’s just not #1 anymore, now that he’s gone rogue: Get it?”

Now, wouldn’t it have been a more fun movie ad if they had covered all those bases for us? At least I’d understand it better!

Here’s the action-packed ad (This ad cheats and is different than the one I saw, stating he is now only “one of” the most brilliant CIA operatives, rather than “the most” brilliant. Well, I already wrote this, so screw them for their previous false advertising! {Actually, maybe I simply remembered it wrong. But I'll never admit it!}):